Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Whit

The Whitney had a lot of really interesting pieces of artwork. I love seeing paintings, but I have also really gained an appreciation for installations on this trip. I used to not really care for installations. I just lumped them all into my category of "too interpretational and random." But at the Whitney, the room with the clear wall in the middle, and mirrors on either side was very cool. I think I liked it because it was somewhat interactive. You could go into the room, shut the door, and it felt like you were a part of the artwork, as opposed to looking at it from behind a rope.

I had never heard of Dan Graham before, but his pieces were so creative and different. He was also at the museum when we were there, which was so cool to actually be in the presence of the person responsible for these pieces of art that were on display at a major museum in New York. It was very surreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment