Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Three: Morning Drawing and Garden Afternoon

































Today, we began by going out to the Brooklyn Promenade and drawing for about an hour. The view of the support of the Brooklyn Bridge is what I drew, even though I have yet to finish. I will be going out there tomorrow morning and perhaps the next morning before class until I get it done. We then headed down to the park between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges which is half under construction. This park offers some amazing views, and while most of us drew the bridge, I decided to look across the river and draw these red-brick project towers with taller buildings behind them. It is a challenging work, and I am almost finished with it. After about two hours, we went to eat at Grimaldi's Pizza (correct spelling?). It was excellent and is supposed to be some of the best pizza in all of New York. 
After lunch, we took the subway down to the Brooklyn Museum down in the heart of Brooklyn, and went to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens located behind the museum. Here, there is acre upon acre of some of the most beautiful gardens I have ever seen. I truly loved my afternoon here. After doing several sketches and working on my morning drawings for a while, I decided to just walk around and enjoy the beauty around me. Unfortunately, I ran out of battery on my camera, or I would have taken many more pictures. I hope I will always remember that place and I do hope to return someday, maybe even this week. From the Japanese Garden, to the many fields and native plants of New York, and to the houses hosting tropical and desert plants, these gardens were truly a great place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment