Saturday, August 8, 2009



Over already? I just kind of got the hang of this blogging thing and now we're done. Maybe I'll join Twitter...
So, don't worry, I'm not going into another pizza/small business owner rant in this post. At the Guggenheim yesterday, Lou asked us to search for positives and negatives of the space. Like Emily, I didn't really enjoy the museum as a whole, but I loved the side wings with the artists like Picasso and Matisse. Frank Lloyd Wright seemed to have lead a fruitful career, but because I don't know much about his past, I wasn't able to connect to the architecture and plans on display. Although, I was curious how paintings would be displayed on the round outer walls, and then was pleasantly surprised by the tables topped with glass set up as plans for buildings. I think the museum is interesting, but not the best we've visited in New York this far. Five floors of one architect while tens of painters are shoved to the side was a little weird for me. However, I did think it was neat that Wright was about to design his own show space, not just as instillation, but permanently. 
I couldn't have been more excited about climbing to the top of the Empire State Building! I LOVED seeing the city from that point of view! See yall at dinner!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment