Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday.... whew!

Today we headed uptown to the Guggenheim. They had a Frank Lloyd Wright show. I was pleasantly surprised! It is amazing to see the breath of his career and how many of his buildings did not get built. I bet people are kicking themselves now...

Waiting in the Guggenheim. We are all worn out....
We headed downtown to the Empire State Building. I took these during the lunch break.
On the 86th floor at the Empire State Building.... It was quite a haul. They have lines and more lines and then some more lines. I was so exhausted that we didn't make it to Chelsea. If I did this again, I would let the students go to the Empire State Building without me. It was beautiful, but I think I would rather look at some art.
On the subway and we are coming home!

Tomorrow is a "free" day. Finishing up sketchbooks, grading, blogging, etc. I may head over to Chelsea in the morning or go the Frick.... There is so much to see and we are headed south on Sunday. Oh well, there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment