Tuesday, August 4, 2009

day 1 in the citay












Yesterday was a great intro to the city. I'm so glad we got to do the boat tour. Although I now look like a lobster because I got so sunburned, it was nice to sit and be able to see so many things in just 2 hours. It also helped me get my bearings on where everything was located. I'm including 3 pictures from the boat tour. The first one is of an area just north of Downtown. I took a picture of this area because I really liked how it touches downtown, but the buildings are so different from the tall metal skyscrapers. There is something still "old new york" about the way that the are still tall, but are stone and brick, and have thoughtful detail. The second is of the Brooklyn Bridge with the Manhattan Bridge in the background. I like this picture because of the way the main support cables of the bridges cross each other in an X. The last one is of Sarah, Dani, and I with the Statue of Liberty.

After yesterday, i THINK I am getting the hang of the subway. When i look at a map, it seems so simple. But the second you take the map away from me, I have no idea what's going on. Hopefully by the end of the trip I can confidently and quickly navigate my way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment