Saturday, August 8, 2009

pizza pizza


I love pizza and going to Grimaldi's a few days ago was a treat! I would like to use this post to compare, in my own opinion, the pizza in Oxford to the authentic New York pizza place our class visited earlier in the week. Funky's is probably my favorite pizza in Oxford. I think Funky's one ups Grimaldi's as far as atmosphere is concerned; the walls decorated with pop culture appeals to the mass amount of students within the small town. And although Grimaldi's wasn't boring, the traditional family style joint did add any flare to the atmosphere-the checkered tablecloths could be replaced with something a little more fun. And, at Grimaldi's, no one seemed happy to have us. Maybe I'm just use to the small town feel where I can walk into a pizza joint and say hello to the owner while requesting he put on some Counting Crows. At Grimaldi's, we were corralled behind a rope to wait outside the building by an unhappy hostess who didn't seem satisfied with the lunch rush until she saw our large group leave. 
 Down to the pizza part.... Funky's kicks Grimaldi's butt in that department too if you ask me...LOADED with toppings and handmade, you can't get better. And although I watched the man at Grimaldi's make our pizza and throw it into the oven, there's something to say about that extra little effort they put into business at a new place in a small town like Funky's. If ya'll haven't had their pizza yet, go in and grab a slice (oh yea, Funky's sells slices) of the Fratboy, or Sorority Girl, in the early afternoon of after the bars close for late night. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment