Saturday, August 8, 2009

last post!

Hello everyone......

What a long week! I feel like everyone has learned a lot and seen a lot!

Now that everything has settled down I want to take a chance to reflect and actually absorb what I have seen and done during this class!  I cannot believe that we have all seen works by master artists like Picasso, Monet and so on.  Many people never get the chance to see and do the things in their lifetime that we have done in only 10 days! I learned a lot about the world in general through my time here.

I learned that while you may expect a certain type of person to be mean or rude or unfriendly, you cannot judge a book by its cover.  You cannot also judge an artist by one work.  For example the things I realized about Mondrian, Bacon and others.  I also learned to appreciate architecture more...the Guggenheim drawings that I made was one of my favorites and also the hardest for me to do.  It seemed simple...just circles but actually the feat was much harder than it appeared.  I guess one thing I have learned for sure is that nothing is as it seems and people may surprise you in plesant ways (like nice people giving directions on subway....girls that worked at duane reade were nice and stayed open late for us)  Anyhow...this has been one of the greatest experiences for me and I am so glad that I got to share it with all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment