Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Evening and Night Adventure of Uptown New York all by myself.





Day One, Evening and Night:
At the end of our first day, I separated from Emilie and Dora as they were going to meet some people to eat, I decided to go uptown to Times Square, 5th Avenue, and 34th Street to the Empire State Building. This all started around six o'clock, and I was out til about eleven thirty. I was on a mission to find some awesome Nike Air Force One high-top shoes, and found a Footlocker in Times Square. I went in to Footlocker, looked around, left, and walked all over Times Square. 
I left Times Square, went to 5th Avenue, where all the giant department stores are located, and just walked up several blocks. I then went into the NBA store (I am a huge basketball and NBA fan). I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed it anyway. I then headed down like 53rd Street back to 7th Avenue to head back down to Times Square. On my way, I bought a chicken gyro from a street vendor, and it was quite possibly the best gyro I had ever had. I think I had sauce all over me while walking down the street because people were just staring at me. I then went back into Footlocker and purchased my desired pair of shoes. Not wanting to leave, I took more pictures and walked around Times Square a bit more. I then hopped on the Subway and took it to 34th Street. Here, I went to the Empire State Building. The wait was deceivingly long, for it took about 2 hours to get to the top, but the night-time view was spectacular! This was my second time on top of the building at night, and this time I had my camera. 
I did not do any drawing or sketching on this adventure, but I enjoyed just experiencing New York and seeing just amazing sights. This concludes my night experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment