Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My first time in the big apple!

So, this is my very first time in New York City. Sarah J. and I had a rough start getting here, but things have finally started to turn around! I've always wanted to come to the city, and I jumped at the opportunity to take this drawing class. But, after spending some time both downtown and in Brooklyn Heights, it must be known that I favor Brooklyn! We walked down to the promenade area Sunday night, and the view of the city skyline was amazing! I've posted a picture that I took to show everybody! I love the sense of community that this area of Brooklyn offers. The cafe one block over on Henry offers scrumptious toasted bagels for breakfast, and they are fairly cheap. The convenience store across the street (it's something with a G, and I guess it could be considered a small grocery), is so nice and convenient. The employees are very helpful and friendly. I loved our Thai meal we shared Sunday night! 
I have also enjoyed spending time in the Soho and Greenwich Village areas. Basically, I think midtown is too fast-paced for my anxious mind! :) But, my fascination with the whole area continues. I am excited to get to see more of the city and use my personal perspective to create art!

No comments:

Post a Comment