Tuesday, August 4, 2009

new york city is so beautiful. on monday our day started at 9:30. After catching a train we marched our way into a six story art supply store. Overwhelmed was the feeling that rushed over me. Finally after forty five minutes of searching for certain supplies, i took the rickety elevator down to the first floor to meet our crew of ten. we took the train to the hudson river where we hopped on a boat. the ride took about 75 min. as we drew we listened to the tour guide navigate us around the island. i got several good pictures and 2 sketches. the was scorching our faces so i was happy to make my way to the museum of natural history. i was on my own and loving it. i stuck my headphones in, turned my i pod on and got my camera out. the dinosaurs were mesmerizing and i immediately pulled out my sketch book.  the museum not only contained beautiful object; the buildings design itself was unforgettable. 

after class emilie, wyatt and myself made made our way to greenwich village. we passed stores like james perse, intermix, cynthia rowley and marc jacobs. Ironically we ran into robert, katherine and dani on bleeker street. we headed home soon after..i was getting hungry! some friends with internships took me and emile out to a swanky mexican restaurant in manhattan. i was past due for a glass of wine and some spicy food. the guacamole was fabulous. the girls then took us to see a fabulous view of the skyline. 

slept so well.
xoxo
dora lee

today there was a sex and the city casting call..wish i could have made it :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment