Wednesday, August 5, 2009

MOMA

Today, at the MOMA, I was looking forward to seeing some of the most famous paintings in the world. I have been to the MOMA before, but I was looking forward to seeing new exhibits and some familiar paintings. My favorite artist is Vincent Van Gogh, and a few of his most famous paintings hang here in New York. I love painting above all other forms of art, and I get to take my first painting class at Ole Miss this fall. I have grown up painting in a similar style to Van Gogh trying to imitate him as much as I can because I love his brush-strokes and colors he uses to compose his paintings. My high school art teacher told me once that his brush-strokes are often so thick that it appears that Van Gogh just globbed the paint right out of the tube. I had seen "Starry Night" before, but after seeing it again today, my perspective did not change much of it. I am always just in awe of the thousands of tiny, thick strokes Van Gogh uses. I also love how he depicts nature's beauty in what he sees. In "Starry Night," he takes a common, everyday landscape in the very early morning when the stars are still out and displays what his mind sees amazingly on the canvas. This was by far my favorite part of the MOMA, and every time I return to this museum, I will be standing in front of Van Gogh's painting for a long amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment