Tuesday, August 4, 2009

8/4/09



Met up with the class around 9:45 and then headed out to Fulton Ferry Park that is between the Brooklyn and Manhattan Bridges. I started drawing the Brooklyn Bridge and found it to be much more difficult than I expected. It was definitely nice to be able to slowdown and draw at a slower pace though. The park was a perfect place to find a shady spot and relax. We were even surprised with a little entertainment when an old man in a neon g-string graced us with his presence. Wish he had gotten there earlier, so we could have done some figure drawing... not! haha.
My view when drawing Brooklyn Bridge
Group at Grimaldi's for lunch
After the park we walked a few streets over to Grimaldi's Pizza. Yum!!! From there we were off to the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. It's wonderful to have such a beautiful, natural place in the middle of such a fast-paced city. Even though I got lost several times, it was such a great experience. I really enjoyed the Scent Garden. I pretty much bathed myself in Lavender. The gardens, like the park, were a great place for more detailed drawings.


No comments:

Post a Comment