Saturday, August 8, 2009

8/7-8/8

Friday- I wouldn't think that the saying T.G.I.F. would accurately describe the way we all felt yesterday. I think we just kicked ourselves into auto-pilot and zombied our way through The Guggenheim and Empire State Building. I really don't understand how the people that live here grow accustomed to this rushed lifestyle. I find myself so tired at the end of each day that it is exhausting to do normal activities like eat and shower. I think it would be so strange to live here and allow the "go, go, go" mentality become normal to me.

As for The Guggenheim, it was my least favorite museum that we have visited. The architecture was great, but the Frank Lloyd Wright galleries became very repetitive. No matter how much you actually enjoyed his work, it was difficult to even remember what you had just seen. All around, it was a cold and unwelcoming environment. The guards were impolite, and they were also unclear about rules on photographing and how close to stand to artwork.
The Guggenheim Top of Empire State Building
Interior of NC home at Brooklyn Museum.
Really wish you could see how bright the colors were
Saturday- Went to the Brooklyn Museum for my second museum visit. Loved this place! There was barely anyone there, and they had a great variety of work. I saw everything from Monet's "Houses of Parliament" to a full scale model of a home from North Carolina. It represented Brooklyn perfectly with its laid back feel. There was no rushing from painting to painting. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment