Saturday, August 8, 2009

Brooklyn Museum

The Brooklyn Museum had a lot of really cool installations and 3D pieces. Some were really strange-like the refrigerated block of ice that was outside. It referenced the artists memories of his childhood with snow and ice. The ice was actually imported from the Arctic, and kept cool by a massive solar panel powered freezer.
Its always cool to see artwork that you've studies, and I got to do that today! At the Brooklyn Museum, I got to see "The Dinner Party" by Judy Chicago. I studied it last semester in art history. It's known for being an iconic piece of feminist artwork. The headless mannequins dressed in elaborate clothing was really interesting too. There is so much detail in their actions and wardrobe, but they don't have heads so it contradicts the detail and, in a way, it's kind of unsettling haha.
I can't believe it's our last day! I have had a great time, and it was so cool getting to hang out with such a great group of people! It's been a crazy packed trip, but I'm so glad i came. I learned so much and I think I got some really good drawings out of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment