Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 3- 8/5/09

To start this off, last night Dora Lee, Wyatt and I had a very interesting experience at an Irish Pub down the street. We saw two federal judges get in a bar fight and met Eric Mabius from Ugly Betty. Anyways........

So glad that the meteorologists were wrong, and we were not rained on today! Went to Central Park and worked on a big drawing. To be honest, the smell of the park was very disappointing. I think I heard someone say that it is close to a zoo, so maybe that explains it.
Song Dong's "Waste Not"
After a quick lunch, we went to the MoMA, and I was so overwhelmed (in a good way). I thought it was interesting to see really famous artwork, but it bothered me that many of the people there only admired the popular ones. The pieces that were my favorites all had one thing in common, repetition. Song Dong's "Wast Not" was easily my favorite. The arrangement of the different items was so repetitive. More than that, I felt so attached to the installation. I could easily see myself becoming like Song Dong's mother. After recently sorting through my great-grandmother's house, a Great Depression survivor, I realized that I have seen many of those habits before. Our generation is unknowingly falling into the same tendencies.
having my height recorded for Roman Ondak's "Measuring the Universe"

No comments:

Post a Comment