Friday, August 6, 2010

Vincent and Me at MoMA!

First of all I LOVE New York and I have really enjoyed everything we have done so far. Thursday morning we went to MoMA and it was so incredible to see famous artwork in person. Seeing pictures of them in art history books does not do them near enough justice!
Growing up, one of my favorite movies was "Vincent and ME". This movie made my love for art grow, as well as my love for Vincent van Gogh and the beautiful painting that are featured in the movie by other artists. When I walked in the room filled with works done by Van Gogh I was truly amazed! It seriously gave me chills to be able to look at "Starry Night" up close in real life, even though it was not as big as I thought it would be. Not only was the room filled with paintings done by Vincent van Gogh, there was also a painting by Henri Rousseall. The name of the painting is "The Dream", which is one of my favorite paintings featured in the movie "Vincent and Me". I was so excited and amazed at how large it was. The painting is of a man sitting on a couch in the middle of the forrest. It mixes domestic and urban with exotic. It was one of my favorite moments at MoMA by far!

No comments:

Post a Comment