Sunday, August 8, 2010

Bailey- August 3 Blog



The internet hasn't been working and still isn't, so I don't know how to post pics or links as the screen is messed up.

August 3
I got to New York City today! I never thought I’d have an opportunity like this. It is so different than Mississippi. We haven’t really done anything yet but go to Times Square. I am very excited about drawing tomorrow. I hope to work a lot with pen and hopefully some watercolor. I would really like to work on different techniques and tighten up what I already know. I think New York will be a great opportunity for me to practice and gain experience in something I would love to do: make art.
I am very inspired by artists such as Paul Signac- mostly his use of pen and watercolor. I love his style and I hope to practice it. I also want to really develop my own style while I am here and try and figure out my motivation for the drawings I do. What brings me to draw the things I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment