Sunday, August 8, 2010

SUNDAY FUNDAY!

FOR BEING A SUNDAY IT WAS RATHER CRAZY! We left for the Frick around 10:25... The subway by our hotel has been closed all weekend and this has made some problems for us. We ended up taking a cab to the Frick museum. This only costed us ten dollars, not too bad. While i was in the Frick waiting for my turn to buy my ticket, the lady at the desk asked me what I wanted to pay for a ticket and I told her nothing! So I told Bailey, Charli and Sarah that we needed one dollar and we got 3 tickets for one dollar! The Frick was beautiful. There were so many oil paintings. The paintings were so big! After the Frick we unwillingly walked to the Met. This had more modern art, which is more of my style. I love modern art. I got to see Stuart Davis's work. I love his work with big colors and all different sizes. Big art is my thing! He is also an American. For some reason there are not a lot of American artist whose work is in the Met, Frick or other big famous museums. WHY IS THIS? As I was leaving the Met looking for food, I started to get grouchy and decided to be on my own in NEW YORK CITY! I was not scared but I also didnt want to get lost, so along the way I would ask every police officer where the nearest subway was just to make sure I wouldn't get lost. Getting lost while your feet are killing you is not fun... I finally found the subway and got on the uptown train. This train was the wrong one so I got off the uptown train and got on the downtown train. This was right and I had done it almost all by myself. As I walked out of the subway I saw venders in tents selling different things. This made me very happy and I shopped for about 10 minutes and my feet decided it was time to go back to the hotel!

p.s. dont let sarah drink milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment