Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Drawing in Grand Central

Today was our last day to visit museums and draw in New York. This morning we visited the Guggenheim museum and in the afternoon we went to Cooper-Hewitt. Both of these museum were awesome and i would love to go back because the exhibits are always changing. I wrote a little about each of them in my last blog post. Bailey, Angelina, Sarah and I all had more drawing that we needed to work on before we turn in our sketchbooks tomorrow evening so we went to Grand Central Station tonight to get in some last minute sketches. I have never been to Grand Central. It was absolutely beautiful! I have seen it in television shows and thought it was so awesome to be there. We found a great spot to sit and sketch as we ate dinner in the dining hall. I love to draw figures and I was able to do some great figure sketches! People are constantly moving in Grand Central so I had to sketch pretty quick. Once the dining hall closed we walked into the main hall and sat down in the middle of the floor to draw. We got some pretty strange looks but, hey we are in New York, I'm sure there is nothing these New Yorkers haven't seen! Aside from the strange looks, there were others that stopped to watch us draw and complimented us on our work. Although everyone around me was running to catch there train, I felt so relaxed sitting there in the middle of all the chaos. I feel like everywhere I sit down to draw here has been pretty chaotic! Tomorrow will be the end of that though because it is our last day here. I'm ready to be home but I will miss New York for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment