Tuesday, August 10, 2010

8/10 guggen and hewitt

Today we went to the Guggenheim and I have to say, it was one of the most original museums out of all of the ones we have seen. I loved how when walking up on it you immediately notice how the architecture is more rounded and not so square like all of the other buildings that surround it. Even when you walk into it you see how there is a spiral that winds around for six stories. I think the Guggen was one of my favorite museums because it had a lot of modern art in it and also a little bit of extremely famous artists such as picasso(one of my favorites). I enjoyed seeing everything it had to offer, especially since it was a great combination of old and new masterpieces!
After leaving there, we went to eat lunch on lexington and then headed to the Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum. This museum took me by surprise because I wasn't really informed on it too much before coming. Thankfully, it was a nice surprise because everything in it was focused on technology, and designer labels that mainly focused on recycling, and organic material use. I drew a few pieces of clothing, one that had a shirt made of "wild silk" which means silk worms were not killed in the process of making the shirt, and no harmful chemicals were used in the process as well. It was a very stylish looking outfit and I was impressed to learn that even the way things are made are important in the art/designer world. New York and all of these unique museums have been great for me to see because I feel my art perspective has expanded tremendously. Thanks NYC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment