Tuesday, August 10, 2010

favorite day in nyc

Well, today started out at 10:00 when we headed to the Guggenheim museum. This museum was nor like any other. The outside of the building looks like a tornado with a rectangle beside it, the whole building is made out of cement. The Guggenheim museum was my favorite because it had a lot of photography. I got to see my favorite new artist, Christian MarcLay. MarcLay's work was of three huge cyanotypes. The cyanotype was of old caset tapes. This image was perfect for cyanotypes. It allowed for light to come through the film of the tapes. MarcLay layered many tape film over a huge paper. The rich color blue is beautiful. It was my all time favorite. After going down the tornado museum ( Guggenheim). We left and went to the Smithsonian, Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum. This museum was super cool and it told you why they made everything. It had a reason for everything in the museum. There was so much to look at. There was a google design room designed by children to be put on the web. This was downstairs with all of the winners from all sorts of ages.
The museum of Design had the neatest stuff, and everything had a purpose, which I thought to be the coolest part. They were all about eco friendly things and recycling and reusing. I really enjoyed both museums today. They were both totally different from the Met and the Moma. They are less traditional than the other museums was got to see. The Guggenheim was the best museum in New York! (I thought) It was my style and I also enjoyed looking at Pablo Picasso. He had a small chunk in the rectangle part of the building. Today was my most favorite day in New York!!

No comments:

Post a Comment